How to add a badge of the Internet Defense League to a Blogger blog

Due to the latest PRISM shenanigans, the Internet has joined its forces again to fight for humanity (you can read about it here, for example). I wanted to contribute, and I though this blog was a nice place to start, with the Internet Defense League badge!




I went out to search for a way to add this badge to this Blogger blog. However, I didn't find an easy way to do it without modifying the template, which looked kind of complicated for what it should be a simple task. 

So, I got down to it, and created a Google Gadget for this task, which you can find on my idl-gadget-for-blogger repo at GitHub.  Now, you can use this badge in Blogger in a few easy steps!

If you want to do add this badge to your Blogger blog, just follow these steps:

  • Go to Blogger and select your blog.
  • Go to Layout
  • Click on "Add a Gadget"
  • On the window that appears, click on "Add your own"
  • On the URL field, enter `http://mparramont.github.io/idl-gadget-for-blogger/idl.xml` (without the `s)

And you're done! Just go back to your blog and the badge should appear now.

As the IDL says, "Make sure the internet never loses. Ever." :D

2 comments:

  1. Is this a blog series? If not, it should be. I would love to read the next installment on this subject.
    Search Engine Optimization

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs and every other content are thus interesting and helpful it makes me return back again.
    Gentlemen

    ReplyDelete