Results of "The Scientific 7-Minute Workout": Before and After

I found out about The Scientific 7-Minute Workout about 3 months ago, and starting on the middle of June, I've been doing it every day. Here's my progress so far:

Day 5



Weight: 69kg


Day 30



Weight: 68,7kg


Day 50


Weight: 67,7kg 
Tattoo thanks to BaRuCo :)

Thoughts until today: It is amazing. I am getting better results with 7 minutes a day than when I was training for 3 hours a week. It's like a caffeine boost in the morning, and lasts for at least 12 hours.

During these two months, I've had no dietary changes. I weight myself every day at the same hour after the workout, so fluctuations should be minimized.

Concerning the effort, my muscles have got used to the workout by now, but the first week was hard. Therefore, I am going to try 2 sets every day from tomorrow on, back to back. Due to the way the exercises are ordered, by the time I'm done with the first set, whatever is needed to start the second is ready to go.

I'll try to keep this blog updated as I continue with the workout. Wish me luck :)

Have you tried something similar? 
Do you want to share something about High Intensity Training or other workout methods?
Then make yourself comfortable in the comments section!


20 comments:

  1. Per the actual ACSM article "Participants can repeat the 7-minute bout 2 to 3 times...". It was never intended as a flat 7-minute workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says "participants *can*", not should. I will try it twice a day starting tomorrow, stay tuned for the results!

      Delete
    2. Sorry...the full context is: "Our approach combines aerobic and resistance training into a single exercise bout lasting approximately 7 minutes. Participants can repeat the 7-minute bout 2 to 3 times, depending on the amount of time they have."

      Delete
    3. That being said...it's awesome that it's working for you.

      Delete
  2. Mate, you look the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but...he's just about right.

      Delete
    2. i disagree, he does look more muscular and overall better

      Delete
    3. Gawd some people are douchebags, you do look better mate, congratulations! Hope ur keeping it up into 2014. Its my day no2 today... looking forward to some results myself :)

      Delete
  3. I would be curious to know what you think of this app http://www.hot5.co/.
    It is based on the same concept of high intensity workouts over a short period. They provide lots of different styles of workouts and keep your muscles guessing and always improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks interesting... I might get an iPhone soon, I'll tell you how that goes.

      Delete
  4. Probably the best benefit of it is the feeling you feel after entering the rhythm. But that cannot be taken in pictures.
    Questions:
    - do you practice before / after breakfast?
    - do you stretch before / after ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I feel energized all day thanks to this very small investment every morning.

      Answers:
      - I do it before breakfast, but I put a glass of water and another one of orange juice beside me as I'm exercising. I drink on the 10 second pauses, that way I get fluids and sugar throughout the workout.
      - No stretching. I've never had the need, since the workout program starts with exercises that stretch the body (jumping jacks, for example). I've also read somewhere that stretching can be counter-producing, if you want to know more I can get some links for you.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for doing this, thinking of documenting it as well. Will start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, great progress have seen. I also like the 50 days scientific 7 minute workout and willing to start very soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Try 3-cycles of 7 minute workout. It's a lot better. After doing 3 cycles, you'll get wet and feel better. I've doing it 1 month ago. 1-cycle is not enough..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Considering that he was neither fat or super skinny to begin with and he's only doing one set of the work out, this is quite amazing in that short of a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your contents are too straightforward to browse and easy to understand.
    Search Engine Optimization

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the most important blogs that I have seen, keep it up!
    Men

    ReplyDelete
  11. “Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever.” clicca qui

    ReplyDelete