My experience with the "No Poo" Method

During the past two months I have been trying the No Poo method:

"Just because something is modern, doesn't mean it's the best option. Up until the late 1800s, people were recommended to wash their hair once a month. Decades later, the first synthetic shampoo was developed and that frequency increased to every two weeks, with daily shampooing becoming the norm by the 1970s. Shampoos on the market today might be gentler than past formulas, but they can still wreak havoc on your quest for a sexy mane. An underground movement has begun: the “No Poo Method” for shampoo free healthy hair."

I have greasy hair, so being more than 24 hours without washing it means a greasy mess on my head. I started weaning of shampoo one day by simply not using it on my daily shower, and kept going for a month and a half. The worst part was the first two weeks:



After that, the grease on my hair started leveling off. These pics are 35 days in:
After 45 days, I used baking soda to wash it, and apple cider vinegar to rinse it. From then on, I've been washing it once a week. Here's how it looks after couple days without washing it:


So far it has been worth it. The first month was a little complicated to endure, but the current benefit of being able to go two or three days without a shower and still looking good outweighs it by far.

Have you tried the "no 'poo" method? Thinking on starting? Share it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I sent your articles links to all my contacts and they all adore it including me.
    Social Media Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primary Keyword — Secondary Keyword | Website name. Do however, try and place your primary keyword in this page title, also.
    xenforo clear cache

    ReplyDelete