11 Google Chrome Extensions


Continuing the post about my Mac OS X setup, here are the Chrome extensions I currently use. As you might notice, there's a heavy focus in web development, since that's what I do on my day job; and in keyboard-driven interfaces, which you can read more about here. Off we go!

General Tools

  • Authy: 2-Factor Authentication with support for countless apps. I use it for my Google, Amazon, and Heroku accounts, for starters.
  • Crystal: "Communicate with anyone, based on personality". Try it out, it's uncanny.
  • Google Translate: For the pages that Chrome doesn't recognize as translatable. Offers One-click full page translations, or single word lookup in hundreds of languages.
  • Send to Kindle: I prefer to read long articles on my phone/Kindle, this extension sends them there, and let's me preview the result.
  • Wait! Google Sent Me: it was taken down recently, but if you can nag a copy it will let you jump paywalls like the NYT or The Economist ones.

Keyboard

  • cVim: the holy grail of browser keyboard interface. Supports click and hover events, and it's fully customizable. Wrote about this one before already.
  • JK navigator: this extension lets you jump between links and open them with on key, for even faster navigation in supported sites. I even made it work with XING!

Web Development

  • postman: Make all kinds of HTTP requests from the browser, inspect the results, and save them for future reference.
  • railspanel: get information about db/rendering/total times, parameter list, rendered views and more for Rails apps. 

Social

  • Buffer: Share across the main social media endpoints at the right time. I also use it to build my weekly linkrolls.
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite: Inline images and much, much more in your Reddit. I cannot conceive the site without this anymore.
Any extension you want to share? Comment away!

3 comments:

  1. That’s a nice site you people are carrying out there.
    Media Onlines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote an article on how to audit the mobile experience of your website in Google Analytics last year that still holds true. Check it out here.
    xenforo community

    ReplyDelete
  3. You fully match our expectation and the selection of our data.
    Sex Toys For Men

    ReplyDelete